Senior Software Engineer
At Maxwell, we are inspired by the opportunity to make a difference in society by helping people make better health, wellness and financial decisions. We build applications that support a rich set of interactions among consumers, employers, brokers and product vendors. We view ourselves as the stewards of change for a very complex industry.
Maxwell is one of the fastest growing companies in North America (Maxwell Health ranked #100 on Deloitte's 2017 Technology Fast 500™ list).
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer that brings an interdisciplinary background to help us solve hard problems. If you’re a hard-working, self-motivated individual passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and solving the healthcare problem in America, Maxwell may be the perfect fit for you.
If you join us, what can you expect to achieve? Here are the key outcomes we are looking for.
You develop the best possible product
- By working on new features using React and Node.js.
- By refactoring existing features in a variety of languages.
- By understanding and modeling complex data structures and persisting them in Mongo.
- By pair programming with team members every day.
You are recognized as a leader in the engineering organization
- By encouraging and modeling good development practices.
- By being someone sought after by colleagues for feedback and assistance in problem solving.
- By presenting to the engineering team new discoveries and knowledge.
You help us build a reliable, world-class product
- By filling the holes in the testing pyramid.
- By writing and collaborating on architecture reviews.
- By using metrics, monitoring and alerting to get ahead of emerging issues our customers might be experiencing.
- By continuously integrating and deploying new software in Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience with React and Node.js
- Strong communication skills and great product sense
- Background with distributed systems and cloud technologies
- Expertise with software development processes such as test-driven development and continuous delivery
- Bachelor’s degree
Do you not meet all of these requirements? You can still apply and tell us why you still fit.
We welcome all talented engineers, and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms. If you think you might thrive in this setting, we would love to hear from you